Paul’s intensive Workshop Gaining Opportunities And Life Skills (GOALS) is a combination of theory, open and honest discussion and practical skills session based on Paul’s life lessons and employability narratives. Gaining Opportunities And Life Skills (GOALS) delivers a 6 session program aimed at supporting ‘at risk,’ ‘disengaged’, students in need of flourishing and ‘refugee’ youths. This program can be delivered to High School and Primary School aged students.
Students at risk of falling out of school need relevance and disengaged students need a purpose. Those struggling after leaving school need hope, and newly arrived refugee students need to trust. Whilst some of our local students need someone just to listen and be there.
This program can also be adjusted to be delivered as a ‘High Achievers and Leadership’ Program.
- Session 1: Success – Achievements, self esteem, confidence
- Session 2: Choices – Ownership, knowledge, preparation, leadership, problem solving, resilience
- Session 3: Motivators – Goals, fears, my best, rewards, other people
- Session 4: Teamwork, communication, relationships, respect, attitude, co-operation, tolerance
- Session 5: Program review and celebration
- Session 6: Re-motivate