Skills For Life
Paul is a highly entertaining speaker who incorporates fun with very strong motivational and inspirational messages geared towards his participants. Paul has developed a way of sharing his life experiences with students of all ages to challenge their thinking and inspire them to make positive life choices. This presentation can be delivered as a highly motivating presentation or as a series of shorter workshops. The presentations and workshops can be tailored to suit your school year group and can include:
- Leadership: The traits of leadership, through service, worth, respect, decency, acceptance and diplomacy.
- Choices: Choosing to choose
- Transition: From primary to high school, high school to adult life, from student to valued community member
- Goal setting: Setting and scoring them. Forming a career plan and researching their options and the various pathways to achieve their goals
- Life’s little challenges
- Resilience: How you can cope
- Motivation: The reasons behind my actions and behaviour
- Teamwork, planning and organising
- A balanced life
- The communication highway
- Disclosure and asking for help
Paul Wade understands and has the first hand experience to know that students need to have their horizons broadened and understand how their interests are linked to careers. Paul himself started his career as an Apprentice Draftsman.
Being focused on forward thinking about career pathways leads directly to motivation. These presentations promote realising your own potential and accepting your choices and their consequences.
In today’s world the ‘Personal Attributes’ of an employee are just as important as the technical skills required.
This presentation and workshop series includes topics such as:
- Initiative and enterprise
- Loyalty and honesty
- Self Management
- Dealing with stress
- Being your best
- Getting to the top
- Being an apprentice
- Transitions: School to work to life
GOALS (Gain Opportunities and Life Skills)
Paul’s intensive Workshop Gaining Opportunities And Life Skills (GOALS) is a combination of theory, open and honest discussion and practical skills session based on Paul’s life lessons and employability narratives.
Gaining Opportunities And Life Skills (GOALS) delivers a 6 session program aimed at supporting ‘at risk,’ ‘disengaged’, students in need of flourishing and ‘refugee’ youths. This program can be delivered to High School and Primary School aged students.
Students at risk of falling out of school need relevance and disengaged students need a purpose. Those struggling after leaving school need hope, and newly arrived refugee students need to trust. Whilst some of our local students need someone just to listen and be there.
This program can also be adjusted to be delivered as a ‘High Achievers and Leadership’ Program.
- Session 1: Success – Achievements, self esteem, confidence
- Session 2: Choices – Ownership, knowledge, preparation, leadership, problem solving, resilience
- Session 3: Motivators – Goals, fears, my best, rewards, other people
- Session 4: Teamwork, communication, relationships, respect, attitude, co-operation, tolerance
- Session 5: Program review and celebration
- Session 6: Re-motivate
Pass and Crossroads
- The qualities of effective coaching
- Coaching roles and responsibilities
- Coaching styles
- Coaching opportunities and qualifications
- Structuring the session
- Coping with change
- The nature of change
- Reactions to change
Primary School Presentations
With a focus on Years 3 – 6 students are introduced to the life skills that will be important to them as they head into their teenage years. Stories are simplified to ensure the life lessons are age appropriate and relevant.
For Years 5 & 6 the ‘I’m Heading to High School’ presentation focuses on the issues that the students may be concerned about as they leave the security of Primary School and head to High School. Themes include choices, friendships, team work and respect.
To maintain the fun and enjoyable elements of these days the Primary School programs can also include a life skills practical session.